Disinformation Warriors is committed to providing a website that respects the privacy of the participants. As a project presented by the Calgary Animated Objects Society (CAOS), a non-profit charitable organization registered in the province of Alberta, Disinformation Warriors is subject to the Alberta Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). For this reason, Disinformation Warriors will only collect information of website participants as is reasonable or appropriate in accordance to PIPA. In this Statement we will summarize how our website ensures your privacy:
Use of information:
- Personal information will only be used for contacting participants and will not be shared with third parties.
- Demographic information collected by the website is not attached to personal information.
- Demographic information will only be used for research and to interpret and share survey data for educational purposes, and for the further development of Disinformation Warriors.
- Personal information is kept private at all times to ensure the well-being of the participants.
- Personal and Demographic information of the participants will not be sold or distributed.
Personal Information and Demographic Information:
- Any Personal information provided by the participants is managed according to PIPA.
- Website participants give consent to provide Personal and Demographic information for creating an account.
- The privacy settings of the website ensure that the Personal and the Demographic information are kept on two separate databases, and personal information is not tied to participant demographic information.
- When creating an account on the website, privacy settings ensure that passwords are encrypted.
- Information collected in surveys will be used for research and for evaluating learning growth as a result of taking part in Youth Content Creators Workshop.
- Due to the detachment of Personal and Demographic information, participants remain anonymous when providing survey data.
- Survey data will not be sold or distributed to unauthorized parties, but might be shared for statistical and educational purposes, in a reasonable manner and in accordance to PIPA.
- Graphic representations of survey data which will include no personal or identifying information, may be shared with third parties.
- Information collected via email will only be used for replying to website participants, and will only be disclosed to those who need it to respond to any inquiry or question.
- If the participant voluntarily provides Personal or Demographic information, it will only be used for updating their website profile if they require assistance in these matters.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically:
- Public IP addresses are collected automatically by the website in order to be used for troubleshooting and for website traffic analytics. None of this information is tied to personal information of the participants, ensuring their privacy at all times.